Date(s) - 25/09/2018
WB Clarke Geoscience Centre
One Day Workshop – Core Logging Fundamentals
The Geological Survey of NSW (GSNSW) and the NSW Branch of the AIG are pleased to offer a core logging workshop. The course is specifically targeted at early career geoscientists. Late career geoscientists may register to attend the seminar, but if it is oversubscribed preference will be given to early career geoscientists. The course will be held at the WB Clarke Geoscience Centre at 947-953 Londonderry Road Londonderry (AIG members may apply for financial assistance).
Tuesday September 25th 2018
WB Clarke Geoscience Centre
947-953 Londonderry Road
Londonderry NSW 2753
- An overview of drilling styles and logging core – The essentials a geoscientist needs to understand the current industry practices in drilling and logging. (Vlad David)
- The role of geologists and field assistants with – drill contractors, government, landholder, core management (measuring, photographing, mark up), summary logs, record keeping (Peter Lewis)
- Litho-stratigraphic logging – A discussion of the various styles used in describing: lithologies, mineral content/textures, metamorphism/alteration, sedimentary and structural features (Peter Lewis and Vlad David)
- Logging mineral resources – A short overview on the methods and styles used for metallic ores, coal, gas, geothermal energy and industrial minerals (Vlad David and Peter Lewis)
- Logging Exercise – Exercise in producing a summary log(s) of cores on display (lithological units, metamorphism, alteration, structure, mineralisation). Followed by a walk through/ question-answer session with the presenters.
- Wrap-up session
Vlad David and Peter Lewis are experienced geoscientists. Both have worked for geological surveys and exploration companies and compiled many drill logs. They conducted a similar workshop in 2016.
Registration are open now
Hurry up! Only Few Seats Available
Participants: 16 only
Note that lunch – plus tea/coffee/juice is provided
|Registration Type||AIG Member||Non Member|
|Employed geoscientist (<10 years experience)||$110||$175|
|MSc or PhD student||$55||$55*|
|Full employment geoscientist (>10 years experience)||$220||$330|
All above pricing is inclusive of GST.
If you have any issues with registration or logging in to the website, please email email@example.com.
*Not a Student AIG Member? Application and Membership for Students is free, click here for more information.
Interested in also registering for the One Day “Core Logging with Hylogging” Workshop? Click here to register.
I have booked through this online booking system before.
If you've registered with us for an event previously, please login first.
NOTE: This username/email is not your AIG membership login, but specific for use on the AIG website only (for use for event bookings, publications shop, qGIS portal [member access only]). If you are using Mozilla Firefox and experience any issues logging in or registering, please try an alternate browser such as Chrome, Internet Explorer and/or Safari.