This year the Australian Institute of Geoscientists is offering several student bursaries valued between $1000 and $4000 and we are inviting applications from Postgraduate, Honours and Third Year geoscience students.
In addition to AIG bursaries offered in all geoscience fields, the AIG also offers a number of sponsored bursaries to students working in specific fields of geoscience or geological terrains, or enrolled at specific universities. These sponsored bursaries include:
- Macquarie Arc Conference-GSNSW – AIG bursary: offered to geoscience students working on mapping-based honours projects in the Lachlan Orogen, in or around the Macquarie Arc.
- Terra Search – AIG bursary: offered to geoscience students working on research projects in Queensland.
- SMEDG-AIG Bursaries: offered to NSW geoscience students working on projects related to mineral exploration.
- Jonathan Bell-Alexander Research – AIG bursary: offered to geoscience students working on cross-disciplinary projects related to mineral economics and finance.
- Davis – AIG geoscience bursaries: offered to geoscience students enrolled at JCU or UWA to assist with costs associated with field work.
- DMITRE – AIG Geoscience Student Bursary: offered to geoscience students at South Australian Universities.
The 2014 application form is available here. The closing date for applications is the 1st August 2014.