The CSIRO Mineral Resources Flagship will hold two mining and exploration seminars in Mount Isa, Qld and Perth WA during November.
The first seminar on Monday the 10th November 2014 at the Ibis Styles in Mount Isa will examine the latest research into exploration concepts and tools being developed by the Mineral Resources Flagship in CSIRO. Presentations will focus on research in the Mount Isa Inlier or applications that could be used in Mount Isa. The diverse series of presentations are listed below. Additionally, the final session will be an open panel discussion to better understand exploration challenges in the Mount Isa Inlier and potential solutions through research.
- Mineral systems approach to exploration
- Hyperspectral data and the Mount Isa Inlier
- Regolith processes and the Mount Isa Inlier
- Geophysical case studies of the Mount Isa InlierGesocience data and seemless access for industry
- Probabilistic modelling – Mine case study
- Alternative views on the tectonics of the Mount Isa Inlier
- pXRF best practice and applications
- Landscape evolution modelling for mineral exploration
- Stable isotopes in mineral exploration
- Advanced characterisation facilities
The Perth seminar will be held on Thursday the 13th November 2014 at the Australian Resources Research Centre in Perth. The seminar provides the latest research into exploration concepts and tools being developed by the Mineral Resources Flagship in CSIRO. Presentations will be targeted at Australian exploration issues, ranging from the application of ultrafine fraction gold for exploration in regolith dominated terrains to magnetic remnance and magma physics of sulfide systems.
- Stable isotopes and mineral exploration
- Advancing exploration using spectral data
- Calcrete and plants and their link to gold mineralisation
- Landscape evolution and exploration in the Albany-Fraser Orogen
- Isotopic terrain mapping
- Indicator heavy minerals for exploration through cover
- Uranium mineral systems
- Groundwater isotopes and ratios for exploration in the Northern Yilgarn Craton
- Advanced characterisation: new insights into exploration and resource samples
AIG members are entitled to discount registration for both seminars.