Posted on September 17, 2016
Engaging Science Grants support science engagement and communication projects, events and activities that increase the reach and impact of science in Queensland.
- Grants of up to $10,000 are available to eligible Queensland-based applicants. Under special circumstances larger grants may be considered.
- Funds need to be spent within a 12-month period.
- Eligibility criteria apply.
- Applications can be submitted online at any time,and will be assessed on a quarterly basis.
- The assessment process will commence on 1 November 2016, 1 February 2017, 1 May 2017 and 1 August 2017.
- Out-of-session applications that are time-dependent may be considered.
- be Queensland-based with an Australian Business Number (ABN) or be employed by a Queensland-based organisation with an ABN, and
- address at least one of the Engaging Queenslanders in Science Strategy’s (PDF, 1,652KB) goalsSTEM participation: To increase the number of students participating in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) subjects.
- Public engagement: To increase engagement and participation of the Queensland community in science-based activities.
- Scientist engagement: To increase the number of scientists directly engaging with the Queensland community.
- Public awareness: To increase awareness and understanding of the great science taking place in Queensland.
More information about the grants programme is available here.