Posted on June 27, 2018
Excellent response to abstract call
Over 700 abstracts have been received for the inaugural Australian Geological Council Convention to be held in Adelaide, 14 to 18 October 2018, with many great submissions for all program Themes and Subthemes. The reviewing process now commences and notifications of acceptance will be sent to authors by 28 July. In the interim you are encouraged to use the currently available Early Bird registration discount. If you are an Early Career Geoscientist, or a student, take advantage of our special registration rates here.
Abstract submission deadline extended until 7 July
Numerous requests have been received requesting acceptance of late abstracts. AGCC 2018 wants to provide opportunities for as many contributors as possible and so the Convention Organising Committee has agreed to a special extension for all submissions. Please note:
- You now have until 7th July to submit your abstract
- New abstracts can be lodged on-line at www.agcc.org.au
- Additional abstracts are very welcome on all Themes, but particularly for:
- Theme 2 Life on Earth – origins and diversity
- Theme 4 Applied Geosciences in the 21st Century – innovation, technology and the future
- Theme 5 Beyond the rocks – Geoscience in our society: current application and future trends
- We also welcome further contributions on industry related Geoscience, including mining, energy and other.
Don’t delay – 7th July is the final deadline.
AGCC 2018 Big Issues and Ideas in Geoscience is an opportunity to examine and consider some of the emerging issues that affect all geoscientists and society at large. These topics will attract attention from industry, government and academia, and they will also create opportunities for non-geoscientists to engage and participate in Adelaide during Earth Science Week.
Connect with us!