Australian citizens; or permanent residents of Australia; or New Zealand citizens may apply
Expressions of interest by Friday, 31st August 2018
The National Centre for Groundwater Research and Training (NCGRT) is seeking Expressions of Interest from the brightest minds from a wide range of science, engineering and social science disciplines to undertake a variety of groundwater PhDs across the country. NCGRT headquartered at Flinders University has 13 University partners who are in the top echelons of university rankings for water resources in the world. The PhD research positions offer a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn and work alongside some of the worlds most revered groundwater scholars and renowned influential thinkers. Candidates will conduct innovative research addressing the most pressing contemporary issues in groundwater science, management and policy.
All prospective PhD applicants who are approved for candidature must meet the eligibility requirements to apply for an RTP scholarship, or an equivalent at their nominated home university. Generous top-up scholarships may be available for suitable projects/students and will be negotiated with successful RTP scholarship recipients.
Research areas of interest: Hydrodynamics and Modelling of Groundwater Systems, Surface water –Groundwater Interactions, Groundwater-Vegetation- Groundwater Dependent Ecosystems, Geochemistry, Integrating Socioeconomics and Decision Support, Characterisation of Aquifers and Aquitards etc.
Applicants are required to fill out this EOI form along with a covering letter, academic transcript sand CV to assist us in matching you to your preferred area of interest and state location / University. Applications to be sent to email@example.com by COB Friday 31st August 2018. Shortlist notification by COB Friday 28 September 2018.
Awards will normally only be available to those who:
- Are Australian citizens; or permanent residents of Australia; or New Zealand citizens;
- Have completed at least four years of tertiary education studies at a high level of achievement and have an appropriate Honours 1 (or equivalent) undergraduate degree;
- Are enrolling as full-time students (part-time awards are available in certain circumstances);
- Will commence or are continuing a Masters degree by research or a Doctorate by research;
- Have had their candidature accepted in the area in which they propose to undertake their studies.
This award will not be available to students who have held a Commonwealth Government-funded postgraduate research award previously unless it was terminated within three months of it being awarded.
Follow this link to find out more and apply.