PACRIM 2019 will be held in Auckland New Zealand, 3-5 April 2019 by AusIMM with the support of kindred societies and professional institutes.
The theme of the conference will be mineral systems of the Pacific rim.
The preliminary programme for the conference is now available. Check out the different streams and concurrent sessions.
Details of field trips and short courses being held in conjunction with the conference are also now available:
There will be 6 field trips running before, during and after the conference:
- Geology and Mineral Deposits of New Caledonia – View Field Trip.
- Southern South Island Gold Fields – View Field Trip.
- Active and Extinct Epithermal Environments of the North Island – View Field Trip.
- Porphyry and Vein copper-gold Deposits in the Ordovician Macquarie Volcanic Province – View Field Trip.
- Auckland Volcanoes – View Field Trip.
- Rangitoto Island – View Field Trip.
Choose from a series of 8 short courses being held before and after the conference.
- Rapid and Reliable Mineralogy using Spectral Geology and aiSIRIS – View Short Course.
- Phanerozoic Gold in Metamorphic Rocks: Geology and Exploration – View Short Course.
- QA/ QC and Sampling: Practical foundations for good decision-making in resource estimations, metallurgical accounting and exploration – View Short Course.
- Exploration for Skarn Deposits – View Short Course.
- An Introduction to Machine Learning and Data Analytics – View Short Course.
- Porphyry Copper-gold Deposits in the Circum-Pacific and Elsewhere – View Short Course.
- Geology, Genesis and Exploration of Epithermal Ore Deposits – View Short Course.
- Exploration Geochemistry: Applying Fundamentals in the Field – View Short Course.
Head to the PACRIM website for more information on keynote speakers, abstracts submitted and sponsorship and exhibition opportunities.