A geological conference with a session in honour of Dr Roger Taylor, Atherton Tablelands, Queensland, Australia 24 – 28 June 2019
The conference convenors invite extended abstracts on topics related to the setting, genesis and characteristics of Sn-W-Critical Metal mineralisation. Information on abstract submission is available here.
Submission Opens: Tuesday 20th November 2018
Submission Closes: Thursday 28th February 2019
Notification: Friday 22nd March 2019
Monday 24th June: Welcome function
Tuesday 25th – Thursday 25thJune: Technical Presentations
(includes half-day trip to the historical tin mining town of Herberton)
Friday 28th June: Optional one-day field trip (details TBA)
The program of technical presentations will include world-class researchers in the field, including:
- Prof. Rolf Romer (GFZ, Potsdam,Germany)
- Prof. Jingwen Mao (Chinese Academy of Geological Sciences, Beijing,China)
- Prof. Shao-Yong Jiang (China University of Geosciences, Wuhan, China)
- Prof. Ryan Mathur (Juniata College, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, USA)
- Dr Phillip Blevin (Mineral Systems, Geological Survey of NSW, Maitland, Australia)
- Prof. Zhaoshan Chang (Colorado School of Mines, Denver, USA)
- Prof. David Cooke (CODES, Hobart, University of Tasmania)
- Dr Peter Pollard (Pollard Geological Services, Brisbane, Australia)
- Dr Yanbo Cheng (EGRU, James Cook University, Townsville, Australia)
EGRU warmly welcomes academic, industry and government colleagues, to join us at the conference in the glorious setting of the Atherton Tablelands in tropical far north Queensland.
For further information please contact the Conference Conveners:
Or contact the EGRU Administration Officer: Judy Botting
Conference web page – click here
EGRU welcomes support from organisations interested in being a part of this timely conference. Information on sponsorship is available here.