Are you heading to Vancouver for Mineral Exploration Roundup in January 2019? Edumine are running a Mineral Deposit Evaluation in just prior to Roundup.
The course is for professionals with a basic understanding of mineral resource estimation and linear geostatistics. Over the four days, participants will learn about:
- the mining project development cycle and studies that are carried out at different stages of the cycle (e.g. conceptual, pre-feasibility, and feasibility studies);
- the fundamental concepts of controls of mineralization and the different styles of mineralization;
- the importance of assay and geology field data quality and understanding of data through exploratory data analyses;
- interpolation techniques, with focus on the kriging technique; and
- resource classification and validation of resource estimation and reporting.
Participants will also learn about software tools used in resource estimation. Participants are encouraged to bring their laptop computers loaded with their preferred software application.
This is a highly interactive course where participants are encouraged to learn through discussion, group tasks, and quizzes.
At the end of the course, participants will have learned the procedures and best practices used in resource estimation, classification, and reporting mineral resources as per international guidelines.
More details regarding the course are available here. AIG members receive a 10% discount on registration fees for this course.