Have you thought about how geoscience can contribute to assessment of exposure to catastrophic loss from natural disasters? Ever considered this as a career option?
Aon, an international insurance company has opportunities for geoscientists interested in applying their skills to natural hazard risk assessment and other risk analysis fields where geoscience can have a significant impact.
Aon are looking for geoscientists to work as Analytics Client Managers where you would:
- Use your technical skills to build a career in the world of reinsurance & risk-based analytics
- Join the world’s and Asia’s largest reinsurance brokerage in Sydney or Melbourne
- Be trained and mentored by people with similar academic backgrounds
Join Aon’s successful and expanding operation in either Sydney or Melbourne as an Analytics Client Manager. The position is responsible for delivering analysis of clients’ exposure to catastrophic loss from natural disasters, for analysing pricing for risk transfer mechanisms developed to mitigate those exposures, and for communicating the results of our analysis to clients and reinsurers. You will be required to:
- Oversee analysis of client data through use of catastrophe models
- Work with team members in developing client specific realistic disaster scenarios including potential impact of climate change
- Be able to advise clients on all aspects related to exposure management to improve their catastrophe risk analysis capabilities.
- Effectively manage client and other stakeholder engagements and communicate results to these stakeholders using written reports and/or presentations
- Conduct training sessions for junior/graduate staff, ensuring the effective and efficient communication of concepts, practical implementation and delivery of results
- Provide mentoring for younger members of the team
You’re comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic environment and you’re ready to a step into a role that combines technical work and client interaction. If you have exposure to insurance or reinsurance, it would be welcomed but it is not required. To be successful you will have:
- Demonstrable experience in using relevant tools to measure exposure to catastrophic loss, including a working knowledge of the science behind the natural events (cyclones, bushfires, storms, floods, earthquakes, etc.) causing loss.
- Understand the theory and practicalities of stochastic modelling with advanced Excel and SQL skills and strong working knowledge of MS Word and presentation software such as PowerPoint
- Excellent personal skills in engaging with clients, building rapport and managing professional relationships
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work well within a team and under pressure
- The self-discipline to manage own workflow and deadlines with excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
Aon are looking to nurture talent from the geosciences sector to bring a diversity of skills to our analytics team, strengthening our client offering. With Aon’s global resources and our commitment to supporting people’s flexible working needs, we are able to mentor and train people from different backgrounds to ensure success.
Aon Culture and Benefits
At Aon, we provide colleagues with the support to make a positive impact together with ongoing opportunities for development, including the support of a team which will continually inspire you to achieve the best.
With close to 1600 employees, Aon is the largest organisation of our kind in Australia. Globally, we have an employee base of 50,000 people working across 120 countries. This allows us to gather the best thinking from around the world and deliver solutions locally. We provide colleagues with the support to make an impact, a team that will inspire you to achieve, and on-going opportunities for development.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and we invite you to be part of an organisation that has a diverse workplace, values continuous learning and supports many charities and environmental initiatives.
To find out more details, please contact Alex Kelly bu email or apply here. Some additional information about working for Aon, the company’s health and well being policy and additional information for job seekers, follow the links provided.