Date(s) - Friday, 30/11/2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Level 21, 179 Turbot Street
Geophysics for Geoscientists
Friday 30th November, 2018
8.00 am Registration
8.30 am – 5.00 pm Seminar
Level 21, 179 Turbot Street Brisbane, Qld 4000
Our final Friday Seminar for 2018 will focus on the topic of Geophysics for Geoscientists. A day of excellent presentations and case studies will provide valuable insights into current and state-of-the-art geophysical applications to support mineral and coal exploration, including case studies. The seminar is ideal for geologists who want to get a better understanding of a variety of geophysical methods and their uses.
Topics will include:
- Induced Polarisation/Resistivity
- Modeling and drill targeting of geophysical data
- Electromagnetic surveys for mineral exploration – Southern Geoscience Consultants
- VTEM discoveries of massive sulphide deposits in northern Oman – James Lalley (Mining Associates)
- Down-hole EM and MMR surveys – Kate Hine (Mitre Geophysics)
- Magnetotellurics: principles and applications – Janelle Simpson (GSQ)
- Sub-Audio Magnetics: methodology and selected case studies – Mal Cattach (Gap Geophysics)
- Geophysical applications in the exploration for epithermal and porphyry deposits – Mike Sexton (Planetary Geophysics)
- MIMDAS – the philosophy, development, and deployment– Nick Sheard
- Gravity surveys for mineral exploration – Southern Geoscience Consultants
- Using gravity to estimate thickness and extent of basalt cover over coal deposits – Rob Angus (Rama Geoscience)
- Principles of seismic acquisition and interpretation – Henk van Paridon (Energeo)
- Seismic survey results at the Walford Creek base metals project – Toby Cunningham (Aeon)
- Case Study – James Alderman (Rio Tinto)
- Don’t (always) drill the red spot – Graeme Mackee (GeoDiscovery Group)
- Update on GSQ geophysical surveys and future plans – Matthew Greenwood (GSQ)
Registrations will open shortly. You may eserve your place by booking in the form below shortly. If you have any booking issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
AIG Members – $150
Non-members – $200
Students and Retired AIG Members – $50
Speakers – Free
Pricing above is inclusive of GST.
Morning/afternoon tea and lunch are provided.
All delegates receive a complimentary invitation to the AIG Christmas Party that begins at 5.00 pm at Transcontinental Hotel, immediately after the seminar.
AIG welcomes Sponsors and Exhibitors
There will be indoor exhibition spaces available to allow sponsors to display their products and services to delegates. All sponsors will have an opportunity to address delegates and provide a short company overview.
Thank you to our sponsor
Contact Jane Harvey email@example.com
Bookings are closed for this event.