Date(s) - 06/12/2017 - 07/12/2017
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Regal Park Motor Inn
The South Australian Branch of the AIG presents:
A two day course presented by Dr Roger Taylor
Date & Time
Wed 6th December – Thurs 7th December 2017
8:30am Registration, tea/coffee
9:00am Commence conference
Regal Park Motor Inn
44 Barton Terrace East
North Adelaide, 5006
- Infill – recognition
- Alteration – textures / types / recognition
- Channelway recognition – igneous background, brittle fracture /disseminated through stockworks, veins, shears, layer control to major breccia (various styles)
- Overprinting textures – timing / paragenesis
The course will be presented with illustrative hand specimens which are integrated with the lecture materials.
- General recognition – field observational principles
- Understanding breccia components
- Analysis of classification systems
- Tectonic, collapse and various intrusive styles. Field approach
- Breccias in hydrothermal systems-epithermal, diatreme, porphyry hydrothermal intrusive
- Exploration overview
About the Presenter
Dr Roger Taylor has been involved with the exploration industry for over 40 years operating as a practicing exploration/mine geologist and academic (Director- Economic Geology Research Unit, James Cook University (1993-1998)). More recent activities include general international consulting to numerous mining companies, further development of a range of professional development courses, and petrological services. Major publications include books on tin deposits, ore textures-breccias, and gossans/ leached outcrops. Major interests are magmatic related deposits, including tin, wolfram, porphyry copper, IOCG, and epithermal systems.
Register at via the form below. If you have any issues with your login and/or submitting your registration and payment, please email us at email@example.com.
Lunch & morning / afternoon teas included in registration.
AIG Members – $900
Non Members – $1200
Students – $250 (limited number of places available)
Unemployed AIG member geoscientists – $200 (limited number of places available)
(all prices include GST)
NOTE: Attendees to organise their own accommodation. If planning to stay at the venue, go to www.regalpark.com.au and get 10% off the room rate by mentioning workshop attendance.
Bookings are closed for this event.