Date(s) - Tuesday, 09/04/2019
8:15 am - 5:15 pm
LATHLAIN FUNCTION CENTRE
THE SECOND SEMINAR IN THE EXPLORATION GEOCHEMISTRY SERIES
Applied Mineralogy In Exploration
Tuesday 9th April 2019
Registration from 8.15am
LATHLAIN FUNCTION CENTRE
(PERTH FOOTBALL CLUB)
Cnr Goddard and Bishopsgate Streets
*free parking where marked on map
PRELIMINARY PROGRAM AND REGISTRATION
Dennis Arne, Telemark Geosciences/CSA Global. An introduction to integrating geochemical and mineralogical data in hydrothermal systems.
- Sasha Pontual, AusSpec International. Demystifying spectral mineralogy.
- Sasha Pontual, AusSpec International. Alteration mineralogy from hand held infrared spectrometers: new technologies driving a revival.
- Melissa Quigley, Spectral Geoscience. International degustation of applied mineral spectroscopy for xploration.
- Lena Hancock, GSWA. Using hyperspectral data, validated by pXRD, for logging rock-forming and alteration mineralogy in Au, Ni, and Li exploration in WA.
- John Woods, SGS. Application of fourier transform infra-red spectroscopy (FTIR) for mineral quantification.
- Alex Otto, CSIRO. Detecting and quantifying lithium with FTIR and LIB spectroscopy.
- Sophie Perring, Portable XRF Services. Rapid field identification of mineral phases in LCT pegmatites by raman spectroscopy.
- Naomi Potter, Portable XRF Services. Applications of micro-XRF in mineral exploration.
- Zofia Swierczek, AXT. Automated mineralogy overview.
MINERAL CHEMISTRY AND INDICATOR MINERALS
- Steve Rowins, CET, Uni WA. The use of detrital apatite to explore undercover: a simple new tool to identify various types of buried mineralisation.
- Ayesha Ahmed, TMVC Research Hub, UTAS. The application of epidote, chlorite and zircon mineral chemistry to porphyry deposit exploration.
- Louise Schoneveld, CSIRO. Investigating indicator minerals for magmatic sulfide deposits.
- Ross Large, CODES, UTAS. Pyrite trace element chemistry as a vector to ore deposits.
- Dennis Arne, Telemark Geosciences. Mineralogical vectoring in the central Victorian Goldfields.
- Heta Lampinen, CET, UWA. Mineral footprint of Abra Pb-Ag (+Zn, Cu, Au) deposit — alteration from microscopic to prospect scale.
- John Walshe, CSIRO. Navigating to grade: mineral mapping in Archean Au systems.
Carl Brauhart, CSA Global. Constraining mineralogy through whole-rock geochemistry.
AIG and AAG member $275
Non-AIG and Non-AAG Member $385
Fulltime students $110
unemployed AIG and AAG $110
All prices include GST.
Lunch and morning/afternoon teas provided.
REGISTRATIONS CLOSE THURSDAY 4TH APRIL 2019
Bookings are closed for this event.