Date(s) - 24/09/2017
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
This one day short course will discuss practical aspects of granites and granitic pegmatites, and related mineral deposits covering a variety of metals including Sn, W, Ta, Li, Au, Mo and Cu.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Mineralogical and geochemical features of granites from a mineral deposits perspective
- Texture, morphology and mineralogy of mineralized granites
- Role of fluxing components and behaviour of metals during magmatic evolution
- Case studies of examples of a variety of commodities and mineralization styles
- Aspects of exploration for granite-related mineral deposits
The short course will be presented by Peter Pollard.
Dr Pollard is a consulting economic geologist, based in Brisbane, who has worked for international exploration and mining companies principally in copper, gold, tin and rare-metals, and served as a director of a number of junior exploration and mining companies.
Click here for the short course brochure.