Date(s) - Wednesday, 20/03/2019
1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Future Technologies for Mineral Resources – VIC
Presented by CSIRO and the Entrepreneurs’ Programme
20th March 2019
1:30pm – 5:00pm
West Reception via Main entrance,
Bayview Ave/Research Way,
The Mineral Resources sector is facing challenges like never before. Ore bodies are deeper, harder and more expensive to locate. Processing costs are rising. Equipment and technology must become more sophisticated and connected. Businesses need to optimize their operations, using lower cost techniques and increased digitization to interact and leverage synergies across the entire resources value chain. Research collaboration can play a significant role in the development and implementation of innovative technologies to address these challenges.
Presented by CSIRO and the Entrepreneurs’ Programme, this event will:
- provide insights into the latest innovations in the mineral resources industry, including new technology developments in exploration, mining and processing
- demonstrate how you can significantly improve efficiencies across exploration, extraction and mineral processing in an increasingly digitised environment
- show how you can benefit from working with CSIRO, and other research organisations, through several different collaboration models
- explain how to access assistance to support collaboration, including Innovation Connections and CSIRO’s Kick-Start and Industry+ grants.
Who should attend
- Mineral exploration companies
- Mining companies and producers
- METS companies
About the Entrepreneurs’ Programme
The Entrepreneurs’ Programme is the Australian Government’s Flagship initiative for business competitiveness and productivity at the firm level.
Dr Ray Shaw, Industry Consultant and former GM Technology with Rio Tinto
Technical Innovation in the Mining Industry
Dr Ryan Noble, CSIRO Senior Research Scientist, Minerals & Water
Integrating Data and Tech to Drive Efficient Greenfields Mineral Exploration
Dr June Hill, CSIRO Research Scientist, Mineral Resources
Data Discovery: From Drill Hole to 3D Model
Warren Bruckard, CSIRO Group Leader, Process Engineering & Chemistry
Pathways to Future Processing
* program details and presenters may be varied in different locations.