Date(s) - 27/11/2017
8:30 am - 6:00 pm
University Club of WA
Geoscience Australia Minerals Forum
Monday 27th November, 2017
8.30am – 6pm
University Club, University of Western Australia
Hackett Drive, Crawley WA
This forum will showcase the range of pre-competitive geoscience projects currently underway by Geoscience Australia and its collaborative partners under the UNCOVER themes. Following the success of a similar half day forum two years ago, this showcase has been extended to a full day to allow for more substantive talks and an emphasis on new projects arising out of the Federal Governments four year $100 M Exploring for the Future program which commenced in 2016.
Theme 1: Cover and what lies beneath – character & thickness
- From points to surfaces and the geology beneath: applying the uncover ML machine learning algorithms for cover mapping
- AusAEM: a new national airborne electromagnetic map for cover-thickness mapping
- Benchmarking pre-drill geophysics: tests, inversions, the good and the bad
Theme 2: 3D architecture – mapping the framework for mineral systems
- Geoscience meaning from magnetotellurics: integration of multiple geophysical,
geochemical and geological datasets
- Passive and active seismic to map the velocity structure and major boundaries of
Theme 3: 4D geodynamics and mineral systems of Australia
- U-Pb geochronology and stratigraphy of Australia
- Isotopic tracers (Nd, Pb, Hf, Ar) to map mineral systems components and fertility
- Mineral system mapping: predicting the next camp
Theme 4: Mineral system footprints and toolkits for explorers
- Geoscience Australia’s regional drilling projects and the National Drilling Initiative
For a full program of talks and times, please download the flyer.
Registrations are now open. To participate, please register your place via the form below:
AIG members $165
Students $95 (limited places available)
Unemployed AIG members $95 (limited places available)
All prices include GST.
For registration or booking enquiries, please email email@example.com.
Please note, registrations (
will close at 5.00pm Tuesday 14th November 2017) have been extended till 21st November, 2017.
Professional Development: This course may assist with Continuing Professional Development (CPD) compliance for many AIG Registered Professional Geoscientists (RPGeos). Further information on the AIG RPGeo program is available at www.aig.org.au
Geophysical inversion workshop to estimate cover-thickness – Workshop
Participants are encouraged to attend on 30 November – 1 December 2017. Registration for the workshop can be accessed through: www.aig.org.au/events/ga-cover-workshop-nov-2017.
I have booked through this online booking system before.
If you've registered with us for an event previously, please login first.
NOTE: This username/email is not your AIG membership login, but specific for use on the AIG website only (for use for event bookings, publications shop, qGIS portal [member access only]). If you are using Mozilla Firefox and experience any issues logging in or registering, please try an alternate browser such as Chrome, Internet Explorer and/or Safari.