Date(s) - Friday, 16/11/2018
All Day; First Day Turbidite Workshop, Second Day Victoria Minerals Roundup
Macedon Ranges Hotel & Spa
OREAS Victoria Minerals Round-up 2018
November 15, 2018 – Turbidite Workshop
November 16, 2018 – Conference
Macedon Spa Resort
652 Black Forest Dr, Macedon VIC 3440
Victoria’s Mineral potential is gaining greater attention thanks to recent discoveries and a resurgence in the mining industry. It is therefore a fitting time for our annual conference to examine the exploration concepts that have led this success and to show case the opportunities that exist for further exploration and development.
This years’ AIG Victorian Branch conference will be held at the Macedon Spa Resort on Friday 16 November. Presentations and photos from previous events at the same venue can be found on the AIG web site at: https://www.aig.org.au/victorian-branch-presentations/
The program will cover Regional Perspectives, the Golden Triangle, Western Victoria (Stawell/Stavely Arc) and other Exploration Projects (see conference program below).
In conjunction with our annual conference we have also arranged:
- core displays from a number of Victorian projects
- a one-day workshop on Turbidite and Sedimentary Hosted Ore Deposits to be presented by Dr Rod Boucher (Thursday 15 November, at Macedon Spa Resort). For further details please refer to workshop flyer.
For a full schedule and speaker biographies, please refer to the program flyer.
- Dr Ross Cayley, Senior Geologist, Geological Survey of Victoria
The Southeast Lachlan Crustal Scale Transect – new deep seismic reflection data acquisition in eastern Victoria
- Dr Andy Tomkins, Associate Professor, Monash University
The latest ideas on the genesis of orogenic gold deposits
- Dr Dennis Arne, Geochemist & Director, Telemark Geosciences
Integrated Approaches to Geochemistry in Gold Exploration
- Nathanael Pittaway, Exploration Geologist, Kirkland Lake Gold,
Fosterville – The Midas Touch
- Paul Quigley, Geology Manager, Catalyst Metals Limited
Targeting Bendigo Style Mineralisation Undercover
- Dr Kevin Frost, General Manager Exploration, Chalice Gold Mines Limited
Pyramid Hill Gold Project, Central Victorian Goldfields
- Bill Reid, Exploration Manager, Castlemaine Goldfields Pty Ltd
Exploration under cover … square leg and point: Urban mining and the gold system beneath Ballarat
- Chris Cairns, Managing Director, Stavely Minerals
Stavely Minerals – Hunting Elephants in Western Victoria
Targeting Cadia-style gold copper porphyry mineralisation in the Mount Stavely Volcanic Complex
- Peter deVries, Geology Manager – AuStar Gold Limited
The Morning Star and Rose of Denmark Gold Mines” – A Potted History, the Geology and the Future”.
- Megan Davison, Executive Director, Victorian Division at Minerals Council of Australia
How can we make Victoria an attractive place to invest
- Chris Davis, Exploration & Resource Manager, Mandalay Resources
Costerfield – The Little Antimony-Gold Field that keeps giving
- Geoff Turner, Director and Principal Geologist, Exploration Management Services
New exploration concepts for Nagambie and the northern part of the Melbourne Zone
- Michael Cawood, Exploration Manager, Carawine Resources Limited
Jamieson Project – Insights into an emerging gold and base metal district
Thank you to our sponsors
Gold Sponsor for Workshop
Door Prize Sponsor
Morning Tea Sponsor
Happy Hour Sponsor
Official Beer Sponsor
Registrations are now open. Please complete the form below to reserve your place/s.
If you have any questions or issues with your registration, please email email@example.com.
AIG/AusIMM members $150 ($135 early bird)
Non members $200 ($180 early bird)
Unemployed geoscientists $70
AIG/AusIMM members $120 ($100 early bird)
Non members $160 ($130 early bird)
Unemployed geoscientists $60
All pricing inclusive of GST.
Please note, Early bird registrations close on 26 October, 2018.
Registrations for the conference close 14 November, 2018 @ COB 5pm.
Special pricing is available to conference registrants at our venue.
Thursday night $170
Friday night $180
Optional $15 in room brekky pack (to be booked upon arrival)
Reservations for dinner at the restaurant are also additional.
Bookings are closed for this event.