Date(s) - 03/12/2017 - 09/12/2017
Black Dolphin Motel
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
The 2017 Volcanic Processes, Deposits, Geology and Resources Shortcourse will be held from 3rd to 9th December, in Merimbula, south coast of NSW. Registration is now open.
- 3 days of cutting edge lectures on the major topics relevant to understanding modern volcanic processes and the origins and settings of ancient volcanic successions, including mineralised ones.
- The course focus is on developing understanding of volcanic rock textures and their origins, through the lectures, field days and an extensive display of specimens from Archean through to modern volcanics.
- 2 days of fieldwork on excellent coastal exposures of subaerial and subaqueous volcanic succession s of the Late Devonian Boyd Volcanics, and practical work on
- Polished display specimens (slabs, drill core) and thin sections of typical macro- and micro-textures and features of a spectrum of volcanic rock types, from subaerial to subaqueous, from komatiites, basalts, andesites, dacites, rhyolites to kimberlites and lamproites, from lavas to pyroclastic to volcanic sediments and from a spectrum of ore deposit host rock successions.
- Comprehensive display of books and research papers on all topics
- DVDs of major volcanic phenomena and eruption styles.
- Accomodation and meals are included in the course fee.
Early Bird registration deadline of 23rd August.
The short course brochure provides further information.