Date(s) - Monday, 15/04/2019 - Wednesday, 17/04/2019
The South Australian Branch of the AIG presents:
York Peninsula – Field Workshop
Colin Conor and Graham Teale
Monday 15th – Tuesday 16th April 2019
(optional day, Wednesday 17th April, viewing core and samples at the S.A. Core Library facility)
Colin Conor currently has the position of Adjunct Associate Professor at the University of South Australia. He has 50 years of geological experience derived from geological survey and industry, with many of those years spent working on the geology of the Olympic IOCG Domain (including Olympic Dam and the Wallaroo-Moonta region), and also equivalent prospective rocks to the east in the Curnamona Province.
Graham Teale has over 40 years experience as a mineral exploration, mining and research geologist. He is currently carrying out research with Prof. Paul Spry of Iowa State University on the world class Broken Hill Deposit. He has worked on metamorphosed base metal mineralisation throughout Australia and in Africa, North America, India and Scandinavia. He has presented workshops on primary litho-geochemistry, low sulphur zinc mineralisation and IOCG mineralisation
Field traverses and site visits will include:
- Field traverse along the coast adjacent to the Hillside Deposit
- Core viewing at the the Hillside deposit site. View the various skarn-types and compare
with unaltered lithotypes.
- Traverses along the coast north of Wallaroo to view granite phases of the Hiltaba Suite
syn-orogenic Tickera Granite complex, and their relationships to the host Wallaroo Group.
- Visit the Ooralaw Mine from which is extracted brightly coloured scapolite-amphiboleepidote-magnetite skarn, this being marketed as Harlequin Stone. Also a nearby site that demonstrates the timing of alteration relative to the complex structural history.
- Site discussions on the Moonta and Wallaroo mineralisation styles that involve very different hosts and very different tectonic regimes.
Registrations are now open
AIG Members – $900
Non Members – $1200
Students – $300
A limited number of places for students are available. All prices include GST
Participants will need to pay accommodation, meal costs and travel to Ardrossan. Please contact Graham Teale (email@example.com) before booking your accommodation.
For further information please contact:
If you have any registration or login issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bookings are closed for this event.