Join in the fun!
Participate in the second ever #OzRockStocktake: the annual social media ‘stocktake’ of Australian geology
Held during Earth Science Week, 8-14 October 2017
It’s free, and everyone is invited to participate — school kids, university geology students, professional geoscientists, gem collectors, members of the public…and everyone in between!
Significant book prizes to be won!
Last year’s #OzRockStocktake was such a success that we are doing it again!
Please join in the fun during international Earth Science Week (8-14 October 2017) and get involved in the Australian Geoscience Council’s second ever #OzRockStocktake!
#OzRockStocktake is the annual social media ‘stocktake’ of Australian geology.
Whether you are a seasoned geoscientist, a school student, a gem collector, a member of the public or anyone else, it’s easy (and free) to participate! Simply…
- Take a photo of your favourite gem, stone, rock, fossil, outcrop, mountain or other geological feature
- Post it on any social media outlet (Twitter / Facebook / Instagram / LinkedIn) from 8-14 October, with the hashtag #OzRockStocktake and a description of what it is or where it was taken
- You are most welcome to post multiple photos — please note that your photos must be originals that have been taken by you or a member of your family
- Search for #OzRockStocktake on social media to see all posts
- The best photos posted during Earth Science Week on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Instagram — using the #OzRockStocktake hashtag — will win a stunning print copy of Shaping a Nation: A Geology of Australia, edited by Richard Blewett and kindly donated by Geoscience Australia ($75 value each). Four copies will be given away — one to each photo from the four social media sites.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in an innovative social media project that is tracking and recording Australia?s vast geological heritage. Post anything from your favourite precious stone to your favourite geological outcrop or mountain landscape!
We look forward to your involvement… and remember, please upload your photos on social media from 8-14 October!
For more details / updates:
@AUGeosciCouncil on Twitter
AustralianGeoscienceCouncil on Facebook